Psychoanalytic Practitioners was established in the early days of Div. 39. Our membership is composed of psychologists and other qualified mental health professionals.
- Our Psychoanalytic Practitioner’s principal mission is to promote and advocate for the practice of psychoanalysis.
- We also seek to further the professional interests of practicing psychoanalysts and to encourage communication among them.
The section encompasses a broad spectrum of diverse theoretical approaches to psychoanalysis, and in line with our mission we support many creative and innovative activities in the field.
- Programs at conferences.
- Film series relevant to psychoanalytic topics.
- Special workshops across the country.
- Our newsletter, The Round Robin, an informal journal with original articles and commentary on a wide range of themes and issues of interest to our section and to the larger psychoanalytic community.
Creative interchange with psychoanalysts from outside the USA, a number of whom have joined the section as foreign members and present their work at special meetings.
We look forward to your involvement with our section, and we trust that you will find it a fruitful experience.
Our members are active in many psychoanalytic organizations.