Thinking of becoming a member?
Here are the top reasons to join Div. 43:
- Div. 43 is the largest professional organization dedicated to the professional development and training of couple and family psychologists.
- Support our mission and participate in the advancement of systemic research, education and clinical practice in the area of couple and family psychology.
- Network with other couple and family psychologists through conference activities and Div. 43 committees.
- Gain free access to continuing education on a variety of couple and family psychology (CFP) topics such as couple relationships; sexuality; evidence-based, family-focused interventions; divorce; blended families; and more.
- Submit articles to Div. 43's newsletter, The Family Psychologist (TFP). TFP is published three times a year and provides practical information about current issues and events in CFP practice, research and training.
- Join Div. 43's discussions on its Listservs (early career psychologists, members, announcements and research) and stay up-to-date through Div. 43's social media outlets: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Receive information about funding opportunities, postdoc positions, employment and award opportunities.
- Participate in "speed-mentoring" events at APA's annual convention and receive mentoring and career guidance from leading family and couple psychologists.
- Receive guidance and support for achieving board certification in couple and family psychology.
- Obtain guidance and support on how to apply for a postdoctoral position and grant funding opportunities.
- Give your input about training and specialty issues and have the opportunity to shape APA policies by joining committees and working with the division's Board of Directors.
- Receive a copy of Div. 43's journal, Couple and Family Psychology: Research and Practice (CFP-RP).