Division 44 Newsletter
A newsletter of Div. 44
April 2013 |Vol. 29, No. 1 Download Issue (PDF, 784KB)
2012 APA Convention symposium highlights the discrimination faced by individuals who are LGBT-identified when they interact with the criminal justice system.
In This Issue
- Div. 44 Journal editor named
John Gonsiorek, PhD, named founding editor of Psychology of Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity.
- Invitation for consulting editors and early career mentees
Div. 44 is inviting applications from those who wish to be considered as consulting editors and those who wish to be considered for as many early-career psychologist-in-training slots as may be available.
- From the newsletter five, 10, 15, 20, and 25 years ago
Review some select Div. 44 Newsletter articles from the past 25 years.
- LGBT Health Awareness Week
"Come Out for Health" is the theme of the 11th annual event; here's how you can participate.
- Uncovering an Invisible Population: South Asian Gay Men
Study finds that family ties and expectations complicate both coming out and acceptance of gayness in South Asian population.
- APA’s LGBT Concerns Office: 2012 and looking ahead
The LGBT Concerns Office develops amicus briefs on DOMA and Prop. 8, along with Web initiatives and symposia.
- Bylaws changes approved by executive committee
Recent bylaw changes for Div. 44 were approved.
By Michael L Hendricks, PhD, ABPP
New email lists; awards information; convention workshops; and more.
- Committee reports
Updates from committees on LGBT concerns, membership, racial and ethnic diversity, and education and training.