Div. 46 Email List
The resources (hardware, software, and technical assistance) to host the Div. 46 email list are provided without charge by the American Psychological Association (APA) as a public service. There are very few rules as a member of this list/forum. However, these rules are critically important. If you plan to subscribe to this list, you are agreeing to these rules. Similar rules apply to members of nearly all non-profit Internet news or interest groups.
The rules are:
- Do not use the forum for illegal purposes, including but not limited to defamation, violation of intellectual property laws, violation of antitrust or unfair competition laws or violation of criminal laws.
- Do not intentionally interfere with or disrupt other forum members, network services or network equipment. This includes distribution of unsolicited advertisement or chain letters, propagation of computer worms and viruses, and use of the network to make unauthorized entry to any other machine accessible via the Forum. If you break these rules then you will be removed from the list as these rules govern the very heart of our arrangements with our service provider.
- Do not use list for commercial purposes. "Commercial" as used for purposes of evaluating email list messages means communications whose primary purpose is to advance the business or financial interests of any person or entity, or otherwise to promote a financial transaction for the benefit of the author directly or indirectly. Examples of prohibited communications include advertisements for products or services, notices regarding rental of office space, or direct solicitations of email list members to purchase products or services. Examples of messages that may be of financial benefit to email list members, but are not prohibited because they do not inure to the financial benefit of the author, include job listings or position openings, discussion of professionally-related products or services where the email list member conveying the information is not in the business of selling the products or services. Announcements that provide useful professional information to List members but may also have some incidental commercial benefit to the sender (e.g. an author who is a listmember merely advising the List of publication of a professional book typically would not be "commercial" for purposes of this restriction).
If you agree to the above rules and wish to join our email list, please follow the instructions below. Please note that membership in Div. 46 or APA is required in order to join the email list.
In your email program or application:
- Address an email to email@example.com
- Leave the subject field BLANK
- Type the following (with no quote marks) in the body of the message, with no other text: “subscribe div46-mediapsych firstname lastname”
The email address for subscribers of the APA Div. 46 email list is DIV46-MEDIAPSYCH@LISTS.APA.ORG. In addition to this email list , there is an announcement email list that the division uses for sending out news to the members of the division. Division members are automatically added to this email list . Please email Keith Cooke if you have any questions about the email lists.