Distinguished Contributions to Education and Training in Exercise and Sport Psychology
The Awards Committee will consider a wide range of individuals with differing accomplishments, including those who make traditional contributions, provide innovations, or who are involved in developmental phases of programs that influence education and training. Criteria for the award include:
- Influence on educating and training students
- Important research on education or training
- Development of effective materials for instruction
- Establishment of workshops, conferences, or networks of communication for education and training
- Achievement and leadership in administration that facilitate education and training
- Activity in professional organizations that promote excellence
To be considered for the award, the individual must be a current member of Div. 47.
To be considered for the award, the individual must:
Be a current member of Div. 47.
Include a letter of nomination outlining specific and consistently excellent contributions.
Include a current vita.
Include the names, addresses, emails and phone numbers of three sport psychologists familiar with the nominee’s work.
This must be sent to past president who chairs the Awards Committee. All nominations must be received by Dec. 31 of the year before the award is presented.
Trent Petrie, PhD
Sport and Exercise Psychology Program at West Virginia University
Edward Etzel, EdD
Michael Sachs, PhD
Dan Gould, PhD