Excellence in Teaching of Group Dynamics Award
This award is granted to a teaching professional (post-graduate) who has demonstrated excellence in teaching or mentoring in the area of group psychology or group psychotherapy at the undergraduate or graduate level. This award seeks to honor those who have developed and implemented a particularly innovative and/or effective teaching or mentoring approach related to instruction in group dynamics.
The award will be presented at the APA Annual Convention. A cash award and plaque will be presented to the award winner. The awardee also will have a chance to present her or his work related to teaching group dynamics to a national audience.
All who are members of Div. 49 or whose application for membership is currently pending are eligible. Nominations may come from self or others.
Applicants are encouraged to submit the following materials on order to be considered for this award:
- Written description (no more than 2 pages) of a specific exercise, assignment, or teaching or mentoring strategy that highlights your qualifications for this award.
- Evidence of teaching innovation and/or effectiveness (e.g., informal and/or formal teaching evaluations; other data gathered from students; peer evaluations) (maximum 5 pages).
- Copy of current CV.
- A letter from a psychologist (or other qualified colleague) who can speak to the qualifications of the nominee in light of the award criteria.
Cover sheet should include the following:
- Nominee’s name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Name and type of teaching institution (e.g., doctoral program, master’s program, 4-year college) and discipline (e.g. counseling psychology, social psychology, clinical psychology, etc.).
- Nominator’s name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Name and address of who should be informed if the nominee wins the Group Dynamics Teaching Award (e.g., department head, supervisor, etc.).
All materials should be submitted via a zipped/compressed folder in one email with the following subject line: [Candidate’s first and last name] –Application for Group Dynamics Teaching Award. For example, Jhumpa Lahiri– Application for Group Dynamics Teaching Award.
All submissions must be received via email by June 1, 2019, to be considered.