The great return.
Div. 49 standing committees
The Div. 49 committees and leadership
- Early Career Psychologist column
Outside the box thinking and group psychotherapy
By Misha Bogomaz, PsyD
- The pandemic ending?
Tevya Zukor reflects on the pandemic’s ending and the role of mental health on college campuses: When I think about actually addressing the severe and pervasive mental health challenges that confront college students, I think about my Dream University.
Update on the Group Psychology and Group Psychotherapy Specialty Council
- Major project: 2025 resubmission for CRSPP recognition
The latest updates on group as a specialty
By Gary M. Burlingame, Noelle Lorraine Lefforge, PhD, and Nina Brown, EdD
CPGP Council update
- Group Psychology and Group Psychotherapy (GPGP) Council
Group Specialty Council has been active in promoting the specialty for training programs.
By Nina Brown, EdD
- Div. 49 is an approved Continuing Education provider
In the spring of 2021, Div. 49 was formally granted the ability to provide APA-approved CEs.
By Noelle Lorraine Lefforge, PhD
- Psychodrama as an effective treatment for trauma and PTSD experience
Recent findings have challenged trauma therapists to consider alternative and adjunctive approaches to talk therapy and cognitive approaches. At the same time, these new findings serve to validate experiential philosophy, theories, and approaches that Jacob Moreno proposed decades prior.
- Most viewed articles in The Group Psychologist: October 21, 2020-May 21, 2021
Content on virtual groups, COVID-19 and racial equity performed well.
By Thomas Treadwell, EdD, and Leann Terry Diederich
- 2021 spring minutes (PDF, 142KB)
Convention discussions and other news from the Div. 49 Board.
A report on Div. 49’s finances.
- Florida Psychological Association Annual Convention
Poster session: Call for proposals
APA extended deadline for submissions
- Presentations, abstracts, handouts and posters for APA 2021
Learn more about deadlines for submission for APA 2021
- You can get through this dark pandemic winter: Using tips from disaster psychology
Div. 49’s Amy Nitza, PhD, was interviewed in Scientific American about getting through the pandemic winter. Div. 49 provides a summary of the article and interview.