Samuel J. Messick Award for Distinguished Scientific Contributions
The Samuel J. Messick Distinguished Scientific Contributions Award, endowed by the Educational Testing Service in memory of Samuel J. Messick, PhD, is presented annually to honor an individual who has a long and distinguished history of scientific contributions within the field of quantitative research methods. Award recipients attending the APA convention will receive the following:
- An invitation to present at the subsequent APA convention (length varies by award).
- A cash award of $500 to help offset travel expenses to the subsequent APA convention.
All award recipients will also receive:
- An honorary one-year membership to Div. 5.
- An awards plaque and a place in history.
The annual deadline for this award is the first Monday of December.
Questions about the awards, nominations and the review process can be addressed to Nathan Kuncel. The outcome of the review process will be announced each year in March.
Neither the nominator nor nominee need be a current or former member of either the APA or Div. 5. Both self-nominations and nominations of others will be considered.
Nominees must be willing to participate in the process of selecting winners for their awards in the following year.
Nomination materials should include:
- A nomination letter and two additional letters of support that describe the relevance, magnitude and breadth of the nominee's scientific contributions to the field of quantitative methods throughout his or her career.
- The nominee's current curriculum vitae.
- Please send all requested nomination materials to Nathan Kuncel by the first Monday in December. In your email, please ask for a confirmation that your materials have been received. If you do not receive a confirmation, please follow up to make sure that your materials have been received.
Stephen G. West
John R. Nesselroade
Wayne F. Velicer
Alan S. Kaufman
Robert C. MacCallum
Scott E. Maxwell
Roderick P McDonald
James H. Steiger
R. Darrell Bock
Robert P. Abelson
Robert L. Linn
Thomas D. Cook
Peter M. Bentler