The specialty of clinical psychopharmacology is constantly evolving. The task of the Research Council is to keep abreast of the clinical research relevant to the specialty and highlight articles and issues of interest. Important in this mission is encouraging the critical reading of research, the ongoing monitoring of the trends in clinical psychopharmacology with an informed understanding of the needs of the populations served by psychologists specially trained in clinical psychopharmacology.
- Stephany Hillman
- Alan Lincoln
- Andris Skuja
- Judi Steinman
Articles and Citations
Below you will find a list of current articles and citations that have been reviewed by the council. Members of ASAP/Div. 55 are encouraged to submit articles for inclusion on the listing. Inclusion of an articles or citation in this listing does not indicate support or endorsement of the council for the contents of the article but rather points out articles of interest and worthy of individual review and consideration.
- Asmara, K. E., Fèvec, B., Collea, R., Gressiera, F., Vievard, A., Trabadob, S. et al. 2018. Early weight gain predicts later weight gain in depressed patients treated with antidepressants: Findings from the METADAP cohort. Journal of Affective Disorders 241, 22–28.
- Benson, K., Woodlief, D.T., Flory, K., Siceloff, E.R., Coleman, K. & Lamont, A. 2018. Is ADHD, Independent of ODD, Associated With Whether and Why College Students Misuse Stimulant Medication? Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology, 26, 5, 476–487. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/pha0000202
- Cipriani, A. Furukawa, T.A., Salanti, G., Chaimani, A., Atkinson, L.Z., Ogawa, Y. et al. 2018. Comparative efficacy and acceptability of 21 antidepressant drugs for the acute treatment of adults with major depressive disorder: a systematic review and network meta-analysis Lancet, 391, 1357–66 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(17)32802-7
- Davies, J. 2018. A systematic review into the incidence, severity and duration of antidepressant withdrawal effects: Are guidelines evidence-based? Addictive Behaviors, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addbeh.2018.08.027
- Lopez-Leon, S., Lopez-Gomez, M.I., Warner, B. & Ruiter-Lopez, L. Psychotropic medication in children and adolescents in the United States in the year 2004 vs 2014. 2018. DARU Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 26, 5–10. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40199-018-0204-6
- Maust, D.T., Kim, H.M., Chiang, C. Kales, H.C. 2018. Association of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care With the Use of Antipsychotics and Other Psychotropics in Long-term Care in the United States From 2009 to 2014. JAMA Intern Med.,178, 5, 640-647. doi:10.1001/jamainternmed.2018.0379
- Rheker, J., Rief, W., Doering, B.K. & Winkler, A. 2018. Assessment of Adverse Events in Clinical Drug Trials: Identifying Amitriptyline’s Placebo- and Baseline-Controlled Side Effects. Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology, 26, 3, 320–326. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/pha0000194
- Sharon, G., Sampson,T.R., Geschwind, D.H. & Mazmanian, S.K.. 2016. The Central Nervous System and the Gut Microbiome. Cell, 167, 915-932.
- Streck, J.M., Ochalek, T.A., Badger, G.J. & Sigmon, S.C. 2018. Interim Buprenorphine Treatment During Delays to Comprehensive Treatment: Changes in Psychiatric Symptoms. Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology, 26, 4, 403–409. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/pha0000199
- Zeier, Z. , L.L., Kalin, N.H., Rodriguez, C.I., McDonald, W.M., Widge, A.S., & Nemeroff, C.B. 2018. Clinical Implementation of Pharmacogenetic Decision Support Tools for Antidepressant Drug Prescribing. Am. J. Psychiatry, 175, 9, 873-886.