FAQs About APA-Supported Websites
A. No, migration and maintenance services are by APA provided free of charge to the division.
A. The following divisions are live on the APA Web hosting platform:
- Div. 1 – http://www.apadivisions.org/division-1/
- Div. 5 – http://www.apadivisions.org/division-5/
- Div. 6 – http://www.apadivisions.org/division-6/
- Div. 7 – http://www.apadivisions.org/division-7/
- Div. 18 – http://www.apadivisions.org/division-18/
- Div. 20 – http://www.apadivisions.org/division-20/
- Div. 21 – http://www.apadivisions.org/division-21/
- Div. 25 – http://www.apadivisions.org/division-25/
- Div. 28 – http://www.apadivisions.org/division-28/
- Div. 30 – http://www.apadivisions.org/division-30/
- Div. 31 – http://www.apadivisions.org/division-31/
- Div. 32 – http://www.apadivisions.org/division-32/
- Div. 34 – http://www.apadivisions.org/division-34/
- Div. 35 – http://www.apadivisions.org/division-35/
- Div. 36 – http://www.apadivisions.org/division-36/
- Div. 37 – http://www.apadivisions.org/division-37/
- Div. 39 – http://www.apadivisions.org/division-39/
- Div. 41 – http://www.apadivisions.org/division-41/
- Div. 43 – http://www.apadivisions.org/division-43/
- Div. 44 – http://www.apadivisions.org/division-44/
- Div. 46 – http://www.apadivisions.org/division-46/
- Div. 47 – http://www.apadivisions.org/division-47/
- Div. 49 – http://www.apadivisions.org/division-49/
- Div. 55 - http://www.apadivisions.org/division-55/
A. This depends on how many divisions opt in — both the number currently hosted and maintained by APA, and the number in migration — and the size of your division’s website. As of March 2016, APA hosts 26 division websites with one in development and one in the queue for migration. A division that signs up in the second quarter of 2016 will most likely be migrated by the third quarter of 2016, depending on APA staff schedules and the division contact's availability and responsiveness.
A. You can keep your custom domain name by continuing to pay any annual fees and redirect it to your new APADivisions.org URL. Two of the APA hosted divisions still use their custom domain name/URL:
You have to contact your domain registrar to have the URL repointed to the new APADivisions.org site; the APA Web office will give you the information you need to do that. You may choose, custom domain name or not, to keep a hosting contract with your old Web service company to redirect your site via the control panel or to add a metarefresh page. The redirect may be deleted after major search engines have found your new website.
After your APADivisions.org site has launched, if your old site was housed on the APA server, the APA Web and ITS staff will take care of making a backup copy of the old site, taking it down and creating redirects to the new site. If your old site was housed on another server, the division is responsible for backing up and taking down the old site and creating a redirect to the new site.
A. No, APA does not offer custom database or application services. You would need to maintain these systems outside of APA and we would link out to it from your APA website.