Focus on 31
A newsletter of Div. 31
August 2019 Download Issue (PDF, 452KB)
Convention program offers CE credit sessions, awards and networking opportunities.
In this issue
- Congratulations to new division leadership
Div. 31 elects 2021 president, Kathy Ashton, PhD, and new officers.
By Lindsey Renee Buckman, PsyD
- "I dig rock and roll music"
Innovations, legislation impact health equity, electronic psychological services and prescriptive authority.
By Patrick H. DeLeon, PhD
- Ask your SPTA to make a difference
Help support the division with a voluntary contribution.
- Spotlight on Elizabeth Fleming, PsyD
ECP delegate testified in congressional hearings on proposed laws directly impacting psychology in Minnesota.
By Eric Russ, PhD
- APA Committee on Aging update for Div. 31
CONA makes progress on critical issues, including input on APA draft resolutions and guidelines.
By Mary Miller Lewis, PhD, ABPP
- Mark your calendar for upcoming APA 2019 events!
Find out what's in store at convention.
- SPTA updates
News from state provincial and territorial psychological associations around the country.
By Jennifer F. Kelly, PhD, ABPP
- Div. 31 Integrated Care Task Force update
Task force addresses the integrated care needs of state associations.
By Kathleen Ashton, PhD
- Report on APA Council of Representatives
Convention agenda: Association rules amendment changing the composition of BPA, CESPPA appointee.
By Peter M. Oppenheimer, PhD