Anne Anastasi Dissertation Award
The Anne Anastasi Dissertation Award recognizes distinguished dissertations that address a topic in the field of quantitative research methods (assessment, evaluation, measurement, statistics). Award recipients attending the APA convention will receive the following:
- An invitation to receive the award at the APA Div. 5 awards ceremony, with a description of their accomplishments being conveyed by one of their nominators.
- A cash award of $500 to help offset travel expenses to the subsequent APA convention.
All award recipients will also receive:
- An honorary one-year membership to Div. 5.
- An awards plaque and a place in history.
The annual deadline for this award is the first Monday of December.
Questions about the awards, nominations and the review process can be addressed to Heidi Levitt. The outcome of the review process will be announced each year in March.
Neither the nominator nor nominee need be a current or former member of either the APA or Div. 5. Both self-nominations and nominations of others will be considered.
Nominees must have completed dissertation no earlier than three years previous.
Nominees must be willing to participate in the process of selecting winners for their awards in the following year.
- An abstract of 1,000-2,000 words that (a) summarizes the dissertation and (b) highlights its broader theoretical and/or applied relevance and importance.
- A letter of support from the dissertation adviser (or other faculty member from the institution where the dissertation was completed) that describes (a) the significance of the dissertation to the field, (b) the implications of the project for future research, and (c) the promise of the nominee for future contributions to research or professional practice.
- The nominee’s current curriculum vitae.
- Please send all requested nomination materials to Heidi Levitt by the first Monday in December. In your email, please use the subject line "Division 5 Award Nomination". In addition, please ask for a confirmation that your materials have been received. If you do not receive a confirmation, please follow up to make sure that your materials have been received.
Carel F. W. Peeters
Nathaniel E. Helwig
A.G.J. (Rens) van de Schoot
Zhushan “Mandy” Li
Clintin P. Davis-Stober
2009 Libo Li
Kristopher J. Preacher
Sarah McConnell Hartzson
Ruth Axman Childs
Joseph L. Fava
Jeanie L-Jen Weng
P. Scott Richards
Walter M. Houston