Jacob Cohen Award for Distinguished Contributions to Teaching and Mentoring
The Jacob Cohen Distinguished Contributions to Teaching and Mentoring, sponsored by the Taylor and Francis Group in memory of Jacob Cohen, PhD, recognizes demonstrated excellence in teaching and mentoring within the field of quantitative research methods.
Award recipients attending the APA convention will receive the following:
- An invitation to receive the award at the APA Div. 5 awards ceremony, with a description of their accomplishments being conveyed by one of their nominators.
- A cash award of $500 to help offset travel expenses to the subsequent convention.
All award recipients will also receive:
- An honorary one-year membership to Div. 5.
- An awards plaque and a place in history.
The annual deadline for this award is the first Monday of December.
Questions about the awards, nominations and the review process can be addressed to Heidi Levitt. The outcome of the review process will be announced each year in March.
Neither the nominator nor nominee need be a current or former member of either the APA or Div. 5. Both self-nominations and nominations of others will be considered.
Nominees must be willing to participate in the process of selecting winners for their awards in the following year.
Nomination materials should include:
- A nomination letter and two other letters of support that describe distinguished teaching and mentoring through teaching evaluations, awards or testimonials, the nominee’s impact on student career trajectories and the nominee’s impact via public dissemination, such as workshops, conference presentations, books, web sites or involvement in public media.
- The nominee’s current curriculum vitae.
- Please send all requested nomination materials to Richard Gonzalez by the first Monday in December. In your email, please use the subject line "Division 5 Award Nomination". In addition, please ask for a confirmation that your materials have been received. If you do not receive a confirmation, please follow up to make sure that your materials have been received.
Scott E. Maxwell
Patrick J. Curran
Todd D. Little
Charles M. Judd & Gary H. McClelland
Gregory R. Hancock
Ronald K. Hambleton
Lawrence J. Hubert
Kurt F. Geisinger
Stephen G. West
L.L. Harlow & A.T. Panter
Barbara M. Byrne
Leona S. Aiken