Distinguished Early Career Contributions in Qualitative Inquiry Award
This award recognizes an early career individual who has made outstanding contributions to qualitative research methods. The contribution may be in academic, clinical, government, industry or other settings.Award recipients attending the APA convention will receive the following:
- An invitation to receive the award at the APA Div. 5 awards ceremony, with a description of their accomplishments being conveyed by one of their nominators.
- An honorary one-year membership to Div. 5.
- An awards plaque and a place in history.
The annual deadline for this award is the first Monday of December.
Questions about the awards, nominations and the review process can be addressed to Rochelle Michel. The outcome of the review process will be announced each year in March.
Neither the nominator nor nominee need be a current or former member of either the APA or Div. 5. Both self-nominations and nominations of others will be considered.
Nominees must have completed dissertation no earlier than nine years previous.
Nominees must be willing to participate in the process of selecting winners for their awards in the following year.
Nomination materials should include:
- A nomination letter and two additional letters of support that describe the nominee’s major contributions. The letter should comment on the number and quality of publications; the impact of the nominee’s contributions as evidenced by citations, grants, leadership roles, policy involvement, and/or translation of theory to practice; and the nominee’s promise for future contributions to qualitative research methods.
- The nominee’s current curriculum vitae.
- Please send all requested nomination materials to Rochelle Michel by the first Monday in December. In your email, please use the subject line "APA Division 5 Award Nomination". In addition, please ask for a confirmation that your materials have been received. If you do not receive a confirmation, please follow up to make sure that your materials have been received.
Miraj U. Desai
Jessica Nina Lester
Valerie A. Futch Ehrlich