Distinguished Contributions in Qualitative Inquiry Award
This award honors an individual who has a long and distinguished history of scientific contributions within the field of qualitative research methods.
Award recipients attending the APA convention will receive the following:
- An invitation to present at the subsequent APA convention (length varies by award).
- An honorary one-year membership to Div. 5.
- An awards plaque and a place in history.
The annual deadline for this award is the first Monday of December.
Questions about the awards, nominations and the review process can be addressed to Heidi Levitt. The outcome of the review process will be announced each year in March.
Neither the nominator nor nominee need be a current or former member of either the APA or Div. 5. Both self-nominations and nominations of others will be considered.
Nominees must be willing to participate in the process of selecting winners for their awards in the following year.
Nomination materials should include:
- A nomination letter and two additional letters of support that describe the relevance, magnitude and breadth of the nominee’s scientific contributions to the field of qualitative methods throughout his or her career.
- The nominee’s current curriculum vitae.
- Please send all requested nomination materials to Richard Gonzalez by the first Monday in December. In your email, please use the subject line "Division 5 Award Nomination". In addition, please ask for a confirmation that your materials have been received. If you do not receive a confirmation, please follow up to make sure that your materials have been received.
Frederick J. Wertz
Amedeo P. Giorgi