One of our goals for the year is to ensure that our initiatives align with our overall goals, and that we emphasize diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging within the division.
Past president column
Founder of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Memorial: Founder of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, A. T. Beck, passed peacefully at 100
Until the very end Tim Beck, as he was known to those close to him, was invested in the lives and work of his family, friends, colleagues, and mentees, enthusiastically communicating his sincere interest, ideas, and good will to everyone he could reach.
Historical sketch of group organizations
Evidence-based group treatment project
- Introduction and update on the evidence-based group treatment website project
One of our unmet challenges is of providing a clearinghouse of evidence matching effective group treatments with specific psychiatric disorders.
By Tate Paxton, PhD, and Maxwell Harrison
Division 49 professional Listserv
Group analytics report
- May 2021 Meeting Minutes of the Board of Directors (PDF, 180KB)
Meeting minutes for the board of directors from the May 2021 meeting.
Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program
- Residential rehabilitation treatment program
Comorbid medical issues and psychopathology presented by diverse veterans in Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Programs (RRTP) are rife for clinical health psychological interventions within a transdiagnostic group context.
By Ronn Johnson
Group Specialty updates
Book Review Editor
- International Journal of Group Psychotherapy (IJGP) seeking book review editor
This person would be responsible for identifying, coordinating, and editing reviews of books relevant to group therapy to be published in IJGP.
Join one of 11 society committees to promote the development and advancement of the field of group psychology and the modality of group psychotherapy through research, teaching and education, and clinical practice and to further the general objectives of the APA.
APA Council of Representatives
- Facilitating my first men’s group
Men crave connection, aren’t getting enough of it, and find it quite meaningful when they do.
- Group member attachment and online group therapy
Begging you to help us collect data
- Group psychotherapy intervention for sexual dysfunction following traumatic brain injury (TBI)
Following a traumatic brain injury (TBI), individuals may experience cognitive, emotional, and physical deficits.
- Group therapy in a COVID-19 era
Strengthening training for psychology students
Therapy virtual conference
- Group therapy virtual conference April 28, 2022
The conference leadership team is seeking planning help as well as workshop leaders and presenters.