Psychological Assessment mainly publishes empirical articles and integrative reviews of research concerning all aspects of clinical assessment.
Articles typically concern research on:
- Clinical judgment and the application of decision-making models
- Paradigms derived from basic psychological research in cognition, personality-social psychology, and biological psychology
- Development, validation, and application of assessment instruments, scales, observational methods, and interviews
- Research on clinical judgment and decision-making
- Studies supporting or leading to translation of basic psychological research in cognition, personality-social psychology, and biological psychology to clinical psychological assessment