Division 44 Newsletter
A newsletter of Div. 44
April 2021 |Vol. 36, No. 1
APA Council of Representatives approves three important documents about gender identity change efforts, sexual orientation change efforts, and guidelines for practice with sexual minority persons.
Great news from APA Council
- Resolutions on gender identity change efforts (GICE) and sexual orientation change efforts (SOCE)
Comments on resolutions on GICE and SOCE by co-chairs of working group
By Melissa Grey, PhD, and David P. Rivera, PhD
- Reactions of Div. 44 members on the Listserv
Div. 44 members and leaders celebrate the passage of resolutions affirming sexual orientation and gender diversity at APA Council’s February 26, 2021, meeting.
In this issue
- Resources for grassroots and state-level advocacy on LGBTQ+ issues and webinar
It may be coming to your state.
By Ronald L. Schlittler
- Joint statement in favor of Executive Order overturning trans military ban
Divs. 44 and 19 applaud President Biden for signing the January 25, 2021, Executive Order that ended the ban on transgender people serving in the military.
By Christina A. Patterson, PhD
Honoring our history
- Aging Committee
Updates from the aging committee.
By Kate Hinrichs and Weston Donaldson
- Childen Youth and Families Committee
Updates from the Childen Youth and Families Committee
By Joshua Goodman and Jilian Scheer
- Clinical Issues Committee
Updates from the Clinical Issues Committee.
By L. G. Ward and Jeffrey Paulez, PhD
- Membership Committee
Updates from the Membership Committee
By Stephen L. Forssell, PhD, and Kelsey Helsing
- Public Policy Committee
Updates from the Public Policy Committee
By Michèle M. Schlehofer
- Science Committee
Updates from the Science Committee.
By Brandon Velez and Stephanie L. Budge
- Book Review: Violence against LGBTQ+ persons: Research, practice, and advocacy
Citation: Lund, E., Burgess, C. & Johnson, A. J. (Eds). Springer International Publishing (2021), 382 + XXII pp.
- Review of: LGBTQ Mental Health: International Perspectives and Experiences.
Citation: Nakamura, N. & Logie, C. (Eds.) Washington D.C. APA Books (2020). 182pp.
- Book Review: PTSD: What everyone needs to know
Citation: Rothbaum, B. O., & Rauch, S. A. M. Oxford University Press (2020). 166 pp.
- Book review: Inner democracy: Empowering the mind against a polarizing society
Citation: Hermans, H. J. M. Oxford University Press. (2020). 195 + xxvi pp.