Division 44 Newsletter
A newsletter of Div. 44
July 2021 |Vol. 36, No. 2
What can you expect?
2021 APA Convention
Div. 44 member's perspective
- Being a BIPOC member of Div. 44
What, to a Black bisexual psychologist, is Div. 44?
By Tangela Roberts, PhD
- Reflections on our current challenges
Comments from the president-elect
By Richard A. Sprott, PhD
- Thoughts on Juneteenth
Reflecting on all the change that is happening
By Mira Jourdan, PhD, ABPP
Honoring our history
- From the Newsletter 10, 15, 20, 30 and 35 years ago
A glance back at the history of Div. 44
By Doug Kimmel, PhD
- Bisexual Issues Committee update
Bi+ Interactions in Psychology symposium
- Committee on Consensual Non-monogamy
Approved for Committee Status
By Heath Schechinger, PhD, and Amy Moors, PhD
- Presidential initiative: Fellows Committee
Welcome Melissa Grey and Sharon Horne, our incoming co-chairs.
By Glenda Russell , PhD
- Public Policy Committee updates
Upcoming leadership changes, APA 2021, and other current work
- Speaking of Psychology: The history of LGBTQ psychology from Stonewall to now
Podcast in Speaking of Psychology series
By Peter Hegarty
- Presidential initiative: National Multicultural Conference & Symposium 2022 will be held January 5–7, 2022
Intergenerational Survivance: Rooting Psychology in Indigenous & Community Wisdoms
By J. Garrett-Walker, PhD
- Psychology's contribution to global human rights
Leaders in psychology from around the globe discussed how the applications of psychology science and practice can combat discrimination and promote human rights.
- Contextual Behavior Therapy for Sexual and Gender Minority Clients
Citation: Skinta, M. D. (2020). Contextual Behavior Therapy for Sexual and Gender Minority Clients: A Practical Guide to Treatment. Routledge. 166pp.
- Additional news and updates from Div. 44
Div. 44 has issued statements in response to current events as well as compiled and distributed resources for psychologists during COVID-19.