Topics that matter to you
We will showcase events that cover timely topics relevant to the discipline and society at large—including deep dives into health equity, the impact of the past year on mental health, and COVID-19.
We’ll also feature hundreds of on-demand sessions on compelling subjects from across the field that may affect your day-to-day work, help enhance your career, and lead you in new directions.
Information you can use
APA 2021 will offer you actionable new concepts instead of just abstract ideas. Presenters will cover ways to apply strategies and techniques to your work immediately.
From the Main Stage speakers to attendees from all over the world, you will meet people with new and interesting perspectives.
Your perspective will help foster valuable conversations and inform other people’s work when you join the text chats and interactive events.
A flexible schedule that works for you
You can enjoy the conference at your own pace. You don’t have to choose between overlapping events or worry about missing sessions.
Exclusive day-of content, such as the Main Stage events, offers opportunities to interact with the presenters and other attendees in real-time, and these sessions will be available on-demand for three months so you can watch and re-watch at your convenience.
A stress-free experience
Our APA 2021 platform has a user-friendly interface, and we’ll provide ample technical support to help before and during the convention. We will also offer an easy-to-follow pre-recorded orientation and clear, concise how-to guides.
We’re also opening the online platform in advance so you can get comfortable with the layout, set up your profile, prepare your agenda, and more.
Do it your way
Forget the hours mapping out your schedule. Leave your running shoes at home. Do what you want when you want.
Get to know the speakers you came to see
At in-person conventions, getting the chance to interact with a presenter can be challenging. The online platform not only takes away many of those barriers – it is actually built to make those interactions possible.
Let it all sink in
There are always great takeaways from our sessions but having to stay “on” for all three days of a live event can make it hard to retain all the valuable information you hear. Having three months to rewind, pause, or even completely rewatch a session means you can absorb it all.
Find your people
One of the best parts of conventions is being able to meet new people and share ideas. Virtual events are made to not only make those interactions happen but to take them beyond what you can experience in person.
Put your needs first
While taking a break from your usual routine can be part of the appeal of in-person events, that often means navigating logistical challenges. With virtual events, you can keep on top of your commitments (and save money!).
What are CE Workshops?
The APA 2021 Continuing Education (CE) Workshops are a selection of more than 40 2.5-hour live workshops curated by the APA Office of Continuing Education and the APA Continuing Education Committee.
CE Workshops are designed exclusively for clinicians to give them the latest in practice, education, and science.
Why do I need to take a CE workshop?
Live, interactive content
- Most states require live (in-real time) programs, and the 1- and 2-hour on-demand sessions included in the price of APA 2021 do not meet that requirement.
- All workshops include live Q&As with the presenters to make sure you understand the content.
Tailored to what you need
- With a wide range of topics to choose from, there is something for you. From assessment to clinical supervision and depression to ethics, you will find something to further your practice, education, or research
- Each workshop is developed for different skill-levels – ranging from overviews of a new topic to advanced lessons for skills you use every day. Don’t worry – the skill-levels are clearly marked in the brochure.
Created for retention
- Because you have 2.5 hours dedicated to one subject, the longer workshops provide a more intensive and comprehensive learning experience.
- You’ll receive an archive version of the video you can rewind, pause, and rewatch as much as you want for up to one year.
The workshops include professional handouts and resources like free online tools, apps, and printable worksheets to help you engage directly with the subject material.