The National Multicultural Conference and Summit is happy to announce the 2022 Call for Proposals. Please consider submitting a proposal to present at NMCS 2022. The Summit will be held in Santa Fe, New Mexico, on the traditional lands of the Tewa speaking people of the Pueblo of Pojoaque, at the Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder from January 5–7, 2022.
This year's theme, Intergenerational Survivance: Rooting Psychology in Indigenous & Community Wisdoms, draws on Gerald Vizenor’s concept of survivance and Indigenous understandings of “heart knowledge, blood memory, and the voice of the land.” This year’s theme seeks to renounce long-standing deficit narratives of victimry, tragedy, and dominance that have been applied to our communities and perpetuated by the field of psychology.
In connection with the conference theme, we especially welcome symposia, roundtable discussions, difficult dialogues, film, and poster submissions that share research findings, focus on reflections and insights, and highlight the resilience of historically marginalized groups (e.g., BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+, people living with disabilities [visible and invisible], Indigenous people, newcomers and refugees, women).
Abstract Submission Deadline: August 15, 2021 (11:59pm PST)
- Symposia (CE eligible): Focused sessions in which multiple participants (no more than 3 panelists) present their views about a common theme, issue, or question.
- Difficult Dialogues: Deep, thoughtful, and critical conversations that challenge attendees to move beyond their worldview and expand their thinking on often contentious topics.
- Roundtable Discussions: Opportunity to have open dialogues to promote interactive discussions.
- Film Sessions: Designed for collective viewing of a film followed by guided and interactive discussion.
- Poster Presentations: Sharing of research findings, new ideas, innovations, and advances in the profession.
For questions about the 2022 NMCS programming, or the submission process, please contact J. Garrett-Walker, PhD, program chair, via email.
Looking forward to seeing you all in 2022.