Div. 49 President Martyn Whittingham recaps a whirlwind year of achievements for the division.
- President-elect’s column: Mentoring the next generation in group psychotherapy
Cheri Marmarosh reflects on the pivotal role her mentor played in her career and life.
By Cheri L. Marmarosh
- Editor’s Column: Group psychology and group psychotherapy — Evidenced-based? Yes?
Tom Treadwell and Leann Terry Diederich discuss evidence-based group psychotherapy.
By Thomas Treadwell, EdD, and Leann Terry Diederich
- Div. 49 Standing Committees
- Review of ‘Core Principles of Group Psychotherapy: An Integrated Theory, Research and Practice Training Manual’
Designed as the primary curriculum for seasoned and novice group therapists.
By Misha Bogomaz, PsyD
- Group psychotherapy column: The untouchable group
Everything I’ve needed to know in life, I have learned from Al Capone.
By Tevya Zukor, PhD
- Training and education column: What a year it has been for group psychology and group psychotherapy
We have been present but not accredited, and now that we are, we need to begin to hold some lines about what it means to be a group psychologist and to practice group psychology.
By Joshua M. Gross, PhD, ABPP
- Early career psychologist column: Therapists’ anxiety and group members’ fear
One of the most common ailments we see as psychologists is anxiety. It’s within our clients, but also within ourselves as group leaders.
By Shala Cole, PhD
- Experiential group psychotherapy and psychodrama: An invitation to an encounter
As a group psychotherapist, I have found it extraordinarily helpful for my clients to integrate experiential group approaches, including psychodrama, into my groups.
By Scott Giacomucci, DSW
- Prevention corner: Preventative efforts to increase college retention rates
In addition to race and ethnicity, there are many other important factors that put a college student at-risk for dropping out, such as mental health status, academic performance, and non-traditional student status.
By Shana Ingram, BA
- Previous meeting minutes
Joe Miles provides meeting minutes and board information regarding the recognition of group as a specialty.
By Joe Miles
- Advocacy update
Committed to group psychotherapy
By Sean Woodland
- Coalition for Psychology in Schools and Education
The Div. 49 representative on the Coalition for Psychology in Schools and Education gives an update.
By Rex Stockton, PhD
- Diversity column: Work to be done
New Diversity Chair Eric Chen shares updates and priorities from the Diversity Committee.
By Eric C. Chen, PhD
- Christine Blasey-Ford Grant
Group Dynamics Journal
- ‘Group Dynamics: Theory, Research and Practice’ index
A summary of recent articles in the Div. 49 journal.
By Giorgio A. Tasca
APA Internship Training Directors
- Group psychology: Collecting information about APA-accredited internship sites
A sample communication to request information about APA-accredited internship sites.
By Jen Martin, PhD, Joshua M. Gross, PhD, ABPP, and Meredith Tittler, MA