The value of Div. 49 is more important than ever. Given the value of groups during the COVID-19 pandemic, Div. 49’s work is particularly vital.
- Div. 49 standing committees
Leadership of Div. 49.
- Here and now in 2020: Teaching group psychotherapy online
Two perspectives on effectively teaching group online.
By Penelope Asay, PhD, ABPP, and Chris Chapman, PhD
Teaching group therapy
- Challenges and benefits of participating in an online group psychotherapy course
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, colleges and universities have transitioned from traditional face-to-face courses to online learning.
By Denise Carballea, BA, and Rita M. Rivera, BS
News - The Group Psychologist - Google Analytics report
- Opening universities in the midst of a pandemic
Is it safe to live on campus?
By Tevya Zukor, PhD
- Early career psychologist column
COVID-19 has changed a lot. One of the ways it impacted my life is that I have been working remotely since early March. One of the questions that became apparent to me is, “How to look professional on Zoom?”
By Misha Bogomaz, PsyD
Group specialty update
- The sociodrama of coronavirus and humanity through teletherapy
Jacob Moreno, the founder of psychodrama and pioneer of group therapy, helped to transcend the limitations of one-to-one psychotherapy by introducing new group methods. However, most are unaware of his advocacy for the use of technology to create therapeutic experiences in larger groups of society.
By Scott Giacomucci, DSW
- Prevention corner: Teletherapy as a means of prevention during COVID-19
Teletherapy provides a means of prevention for the spread of illness as well as prevention of new and worsening psychopathology stemming from our current environment.
By Shana Ingram, BA
Board of Directors
Thank you and recognition of Div. 49's leaders.
- Growing telehealth group programs in the time of COVID-19: Structure, structure, and structure
Joshua M. Gross, PhD, ABPP, 2020 president-elect of Div. 49, discusses the importance of structure in telehealth group psychotherapy, especially during COVID-19.
The Div. 49 budget is in good shape.
2020 Div. 49 program: Aug. 6–8
Group Dynamics journal
International Journal of Group Psychotherapy
Training director and trainee meet and greet
- Group therapy training
Connecting potential interns and postdocs with group training coordinators.
Div. 49 Board minutes
- June 2020 Board minutes (PDF, 265KB)
Highlights from the June 2020 meeting