Educational Materials and Activities
Forms and Assessments
- Emotionally Focused Therapy Peer Consultation Form (PDF, 18KB)
A form designed for peer consultation/supervision using emotionally focused therapy.
- Family Therapy Peer Consultant Form (PDF, 28KB)
A form designed for peer consultation/supervision using structural family therapy.
- Couple and Family Therapy Initial Assessment Procedures (PDF, 18KB)
Procedures for pre-treatment family assessments.
Activities and Classroom Exercises
- Structural Mapping Exercise (PDF, 55KB)
Create structural maps that reflect hypotheses about families and formulate therapeutic goals.
- Mock Family and Treatment Team Exercise (PDF, 30KB)
A semester-long role-play activity designed to provide trainees with opportunities to work with a treatment team and practice family therapy skills with a "mock" family consisting of other trainees playing family member roles.
- Pre-session Worksheet for Structural Family Therapy (PDF, 42KB)
This worksheet is to be completed for couples and couples therapists in training.
- Couples therapy forms and handouts by Scott R. Woolley, PhD, with emotionally focused therapy notes.
- Family of origin activity for clinical training.
- Family Feud PowerPoint templates to use in the classroom as a game to review for tests or introduce new units.
Instructor Manuals and Videos
Activities for Families in Treatment
- Casado, M., Young, M.E., & Rasmus, S. (2002). Exercises in family therapy, 2nd edition. Merrill Education/Prentice Hall.